ONE&ONLY CAPE TOWN PARTNERS WITH LEADING SOUTH AFRICAN DESIGNERS
- ZojaFor One&Only Cape Town, jewellery designer Zoja Mihic has conceived delicate moonstone and pearl earrings. Her company Zoja means life, and Zoja creates pieces of jewellery that tell ongoing stories, recalling memories, people and places. Each piece expresses part of that journey and is driven by discovery, curiosity and colour. Zoja creates unpredictable and arresting pieces inspired by the vibrancy and diversity of the world. US$314
- mille collinesAn exclusive gold and sisal necklace has been created for One&Only Cape Town by designer millie collin e s , paying tribute to generations of women who have patiently woven these one - of - a - kind pieces while sharing their everyday stories . mille collines seamlessly blends the creativity, strength and culture of the African spirit with ever - evolving global fashion trends. Founders Marc and Innes were originally inspired by a tri p to Rwanda and now manufacture designs in Rwanda, Kenya and South Africa . US$336
- ShimanskySouth African jewellery designer Shimansky has created an internally flawless 10.15ct trilliant cut Tanzanite pendant for One&Only Cape Town with micro brilliant cut diamonds, set in 18K white gold. Clean and classic, timeless and contemporary, Shimansky’s diamond and tanzanite gemstones are hand selected and ethically sourced direct “from mine to finger”. Destined to be iconic by design, their first - hand involvement in every step of the process ensures the bearer receives a unique creation to be treasured forever . U S $25,190
- Netshomi ZamA remarkable bespoke wire and gold vessel has been sculpted for One &Only Cape Town by Netshomi Zam which means “with my friends” in isiXhosa. The partnership between Mike Carella and Riaan Hanekom started when they first worked together on a life - size bead and wire sculpture of Nelson Mandela , and they are known for t heir range of beaded animals and animal trophy heads, made by a team of 11 local artists . US$938
- Cape CobraA ‘Picco’ handbag of Ostrich leather offers a delicately hand - carved wooden top handle providing an elegant contrast to the bag ’ s distressed silver elements. Designed by Cape Cobra Leathercraft , this third - generation family business hand crafts items using only the finest sustainably sourced raw materials. US $1,8 57
- Zen ZuluAn incredible wired ‘Jungle Platter’ has been created exclusively for the resort by designer Marisa Fick-Jordaan who founded ZenZulu 24 years ago, offering sustainable employment to many rural weavers. Combining traditional Zulu weaving techniques with modern industrial materials has created new applications and forms, creating highly collectible and unique contemporary design pieces made from wire. Marisa’s the ‘Wired Nature’ series attempts to create awareness of the rich natural environment and the interplay between interior and exterior in a virtuous circle. US$3,540
- InverrocheInverroche has created a special edition milky gin for the ultra - luxury resort . Founded by Lorna Scott in 2011 , and developed by her family in the s outhern Cape Coast fishing village of Still Bay, Inver roche gin is created using the indigenous flora known as fynbos, from the Western Cape which grows nowhere else on the planet. Inverroche gins are distilled in small batches of 1,000 litres and no two are ever identical due to seasonal variances and flavo u r concentrations of natural botanicals . US$1,0 50
- MaxhosaA unique Maxhosa shawl celebrating One&Only Cape Town has been created by Laduma Ngxokolo , one of Africa’s finest creatives - an innovative fashion and lifestyle designer, a cultural icon and an entrepreneur. He has created a global luxury brand MAXHOSA BY LADUMA that has captured the attention of global fashionistas, and his distinctive collections have grace d runways at many top global fashion events, at the Smithsonian, and at MOMA in New York. US$1,609
- LalelaA framed Love Rhino silk scarf has been designed by Lalela; an organisation that provides educational arts for young people in South Africa, Zimbabwe and Northern Uganda to spark their creative thinking and awaken their entrepreneurial thinking. One&Only Cape Town supports Lalela by ho sting regular art exhibitions and supporting young people taking part in its programmes through internships and ho st ing career s guidance events . US$3,540
A limited-edition collection by talented South African designers, inspired by the ultra-luxury urban resort One&Only Cape Town, has been unveiled. South African fashion designers, jewellers, artists, sculptors, leather and gin artisans have all let their creativity roam free to create a memorable item especially for One&Only Cape Town. Designed in a neutral white, silver and gold colour palette, items range from an ostrich leather handbag to bespoke gin, and a 10.15ct trilliant cut Tanzanite pendant to an intricately woven sisal and gold necklace.
A limited edition of each design will be available from One&Only Cape Town’s NEO Boutique, and pieces can also be custom-purchased on a bespoke basis for guests.
“Our creative partnership with this selection of South African designers will support and highlight the incredible creative local talent of South Africans on a world stage,” said Richard Lyon, General Manager, One&Only Cape Town. “We have always supported local artists, and this exciting design partnership is another step in our goal to provide an authentic, exclusive and memorable experience for visitors and guests to celebrate.”
All prices are and are inclusive of 15% VAT and items are exclusively available at NEO Boutique at One&Only Cape Town.
For more reservations or more information, please visit www.oneandonlyresorts.com
Created exclusively for the ultra-luxury market, One&Only is conceived as a hallmark of excellence. Set in some of the most beautiful locales in the world, each award-winning resort offers guests a distinctive style and personality borne of its local culture, a genuine hospitality and a lively energy that is unrivalled. One&Only has announced the expansion of the portfolio with the inclusion of resorts in nature, urban centres and One&Only Private Homes. These new experiences will complement the existing resort collection including One&Only Reethi Rah in the Maldives; One&Only Le Saint Géran in Mauritius; One&Only Royal Mirage and One&Only The Palm in Dubai; One&Only Palmilla in Los Cabos, Mexico; One&Only Cape Town in South Africa; Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley in The Blue Mountains in Australia and One&Only Nyungwe House in Rwanda. As part of the new portfolio, One&Only has announced a second resort in development in Rwanda, One&Only Gorilla’s Nest, as well as One&Only One Za’abeel in Dubai. Other resorts in development include One&Only Desaru Coast in Malaysia, One&Only Kéa Island in Greece and One&Only Portonovi in Montenegro, the first properties for the collection in Europe, and two new resorts in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, One&Only Mandarina and One&Only Xala. More information on One&Only is available at oneandonlyresorts.com