Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley wins Chef of the Year and Regional Deluxe Hotel of the Year at the TAA (NSW) Awards for Excellence
Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley was honoured at the 2018 Tourism Accommodation Australia (NSW) Awards for Excellence. In front of a crowd of 700 political, industry and business leaders, Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley was named Regional Deluxe Hotel of the Year for the third year in a row, and Executive Chef Nancy Kinchela was recognised as Chef of the Year. The resort’s spa was also Highly Commended in the Health Club and Spa Facilities of the Year category.
The TAA awards are amongst the hospitality industry’s most prestigious awards, honouring the achievement of excellence in a wide range of categories in the accommodation industry. TAA is focused on, and committed to, the future development and growth of the accommodation sector within Australia’s vibrant tourism industry. A record of over 300 nominations were received from NSW tourism businesses in the lead-up to the event, with entries from over 70 hotels across 36 categories showcasing the best in the accommodation sector.
Commenting on the win, General Manager of Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley, James Wyndham said: “We are absolutely thrilled to be recognized at the TAA Awards. To be awarded the Regional Deluxe Hotel of the Year for three years in a row is such an honour, and we are very excited about Nancy Kinchela’s award as Chef of the Year. She is such a passionate chef, who works tirelessly and with such imagination to create incredible culinary experiences for our guests, the whole team is celebrating and sharing in her win. We would like to express our thanks to Tourism Accommodation Australia, as these awards inspire us to new benchmarks of excellence.” Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is an ultra-luxury, conservation-based resort; highly acclaimed in the industry, it continues to be awarded for its excellence in tourism, accommodation, spa, cuisine and sustainability.
- 2018 TripAdvisor's Travellers’ Choice Awards – One of the Top Five Resorts in Australia, and #9 in the Top 25 Hotels in the South Pacific
- 2018 World Spa & Wellness Awards (UK) – One&Only Spa at Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley recognised as the ‘Hotel Spa of the Year: Asia & Australasia’
- 2017 World Spa Awards (Global) – One&Only Spa at Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley recognized as ‘Australia’s Best Resort Spa 2017’
- 2017 Enviromark – Outstanding performance in Carbon Management
- 2017 Tourism Accommodation Australia (NSW) Awards for Excellence – honoured as Regional Deluxe Hotel of the Year, Health Club and Spa Facility of the Year, and inducted into the Hall of Fame for Best Environmental Practices
- 2017 Savour Australia Restaurant & Catering Awards of Excellence (NSW) – Wolgan Dining Room awarded Best Restaurant in a Regional Hotel/Resort for Wolgan Dining Room
- 2017 Condé Nast Traveller (UK) Readers’ Choice Awards – Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley ranked #5 amongst the ‘Top Overseas Hotel Spa in Australasia and The South Pacific’
- 2017 Condé Nast Traveller (UK) Readers’ Choice Awards – Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley ranked #77 amongst the ‘The World's Top 100’
- 2016 Hospitality Management (HM) Awards of Excellence – recognised as 'Best Australian Lodge' and 'Best Day Spa'
Created exclusively for the ultra-luxury market, One&Only is conceived as a hallmark of excellence. Set in some of the most beautiful locales in the world, each award-winning resort offers guests a distinctive style and personality borne of its local culture, a genuine hospitality and a lively energy that is unrivalled. The exclusive collection includes One&Only Reethi Rah in the Maldives; One&Only Le Saint Géran in Mauritius; One&Only Royal Mirage and One&Only The Palm in Dubai; One&Only Palmilla in Los Cabos, Mexico; One&Only Cape Town in South Africa; Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley in The Blue Mountains in Australia; and One&Only Nyungwe House and One&Only Gorilla’s Nest in Rwanda. As part of the new portfolio, One&Only will be opening One&Only Desaru Coast in Malaysia, One&Only Portonovi in Montenegro and One&Only Mandarina in Riviera Nayarit in Mexico in 2020. Additional resorts in development include One&Only Kéa Island in Greece, One&Only One Za’abeel in Dubai as well as communities of One&Only Private Homes around the world. More information on One&Only is available at oneandonlyresorts.com