Celebrate British National Burger Day At Bread Street Kitchen & Bar
- Bread Street Kitchen_EntranceBread Street Kitchen_Entrance
- Bread Street Kitchen_BSK Waygu Beef BurgerBread Street Kitchen_BSK Waygu Beef Burger
- Bread Street Kitchen_Ramsay's RoastBread Street Kitchen_Ramsay's Roast
- Bread Street Kitchen_Dining With FriendsBread Street Kitchen_Dining With Friends
- Bread Street Kitchen_ InteriorBread Street Kitchen_ Interior
Dubai’s favorite British eatery is serving up the perfect patty this August
From 26th to 30th August, Bread Street Kitchen & Bar invites Dubai’s burger buffs to celebrate one of the world’s culinary icons…The Burger. With three delicious buns on the menu for AED 135, patty professionals can indulge in the brie cheeseburger with wild mushrooms, the gruyere cheeseburger with veal bacon and avocado, or the BSK Wagyu burger…. a firm favourite and Gordon Ramsay signature dish.
Established six years ago in the UK, the best day of the year was invented to celebrate the iconic burger in all its glory. To this day, there continues to be a debate over who invented this oh so popular meaty dish, from Hamburg, Germany, to New Haven, Connecticut. Whatever the truth about the burger origin, this global dietary staple has stood the test of time!
Burger Buff Fast Facts
- The first burger was created sometime around the turn of the 19th century and its popularity was boosted at the 1904 World’s Fair in St Louis, Missouri, USA
- Popular chains include Hamburgers starting in 1923, Big Boy beginning in 1936, and McDonald’s beginning in 1940
- While the hamburger started in the United States, its name is taken from the city of Hamburg, Germany
- Hamburgers weren’t originally a delectable, trendy fast-food item – they grew out of economic necessity as innovators in the food industry needed a way to use off-cuts of meat productively
- During WW1, the US Government tried to rename hamburgers to ‘liberty sandwiches’
- If we arrange all the hamburgers eaten by Americans in a year in a straight line, it would circle our planet 32 times or more
- 60 per cent+ of all sandwiches sold globally are actually burgers
- About 75 per cent of food establishments now have at least one burger on their menus. Of those, 80 per cent reported that burgers are the best-selling item
- McDonald's sells 75 hamburgers every second and sells 550 million Big Macs each year
- Cheeseburgers were invented by mistake in Pasadena, California, in 1924 when a guy named Lionel Sternberger was working at his dad’s hamburger stand and accidentally burned one side of a burger, covering it with cheese to hide the mistake
To find out more about Gordon Ramsay’s Bread Street Kitchen & Bar or to make a reservation, log onto www.atlantis.com/dubai/restaurants/gordon-ramsay-bread-street-kitchen or call + 971 4 426 0800. Alternatively, check us out on social media @breadstreetkitchendubai
About Bread Street Kitchen Dubai
Gordon Ramsay's Bread Street Kitchen & Bar champions contemporary British dishes with influences from Europe and beyond. Inspired by the original Bread Street Kitchen in London, the relaxed warehouse setting is a favourite destination for families and friends, featuring outdoor dining, an ice-cream bar, and a lively Friday brunch. Under the guidance of celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay, the menu consists of a selection of British classics and Gordon signatures, including fish and chips in a craft-beer batter, the legendary beef wellington, and indulgent puddings that will transport you back to your childhood. At the bar, there's a broad range of wines, beers, and cocktails from which to choose, including Bread Street's signature gin and tonics. Almost as popular as the bar is the Bread Street Kitchen Ice Cream Counter, which serves homemade scoops of velvety gelato including the legendary Bread and Butter Pudding softie.
About Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai
Atlantis, The Palm is the first entertainment resort destination in the region and located at the centre of the crescent of The Palm in Dubai. Opened in September 2008, the unique ocean-themed resort features a variety of marine and entertainment attractions, as well as 17 hectares of waterpark amusement at Atlantis Aquaventure, all within a 46-hectare site. It is home to one of the largest open-air marine habitats in the world, with more than 65,000 marine animals in lagoons and displays including The Lost Chambers Aquarium, a maze of underwater corridors and passageways providing a journey through ancient Atlantis. Atlantis Aquaventure waterpark features 18 million litres of fresh water used to power thrilling waterslides, a 2.3-kilometre river ride with tidal waves and pools, water rapids and white-water chargers. Dolphin Bay, the unparalleled dolphin conservation and education habitat, and Sea Lion Point were created to provide guests a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn more about one of nature’s most friendly mammals. The resort boasts an impressive collection of luxury boutiques and shops as well as extensive meeting and convention facilities. Atlantis, The Palm is also known as the culinary destination in the region where guests can take their pick from a collection of 29 world-renowned restaurants including Bread Street Kitchen & Bar, Hakkasan, Nobu, Ronda Locatelli, Seafire Steakhouse & Bar, and award-winning underwater restaurant, Ossiano. The nightlife scene at Atlantis is lively, too, with the fun-filled Wavehouse offering something for everyone, and WHITE Beach & Restaurant the perfect place to unwind with a drink as the sun slips into the Arabian Sea.