Family Stays At Atlantis, The Palm
Awarded the Best 5 Star Family Hotel in the Middle East from Arabian Travel Awards and Holiday With Kids Magazine
Since opening in September 2008, Atlantis, The Palm has become Dubai’s most popular family entertainment destination, attracting fun-loving families from all corners of the globe with a variety of unique family-friendly experiences that have redefined tourism in Dubai. From thrills at the onsite Aquaventure waterpark to chills diving with sharks in The Ambassador Lagoon, there are a host of incredible experiences to discover. Animal lovers can get up close and personal with the resident dolphins and sea lions, while foodies can indulge in one of the 31 world-class restaurants and bars that call Atlantis, The Palm their home. With special events and the engaging Atlantis Kids Club, little ones will be exhausted from an action-packed day of fun, so make sure to avail of the Nanny services in the evenings to enjoy a romantic meal and even a spot of dancing. An all-encompassing one-stop resort, Atlantis is the ultimate family destination.
Atlantis, The Palm won the Readers' Choice Awards 2020 in the Holidays with Kids Awards and the Family Staycation experience of the year as well as the Waterpark of the year in the Mother, Baby & Child Awards 2020. In 2020 and 2019 the resort was also recognised through a variety of other family-focused awards including:
- Readers' Choice Awards – 2020 Holidays with Kids
- Family Staycation experience of the year – 2020 Mother, Baby & Child Awards
- Waterpark of the year – 2020 Mother, Baby & Child Awards
- World's Leading Hotel Dining & Entertainment Experience – 2020 World Travel Awards
- Top 100 Luxury Hotel Worldwide 2020 ranking No.1 – 2020 Hotel of the Year Awards
- Best International Luxury Property for Families – Out About with Kids Readers’ Choice Awards
- Middle East's Leading Resort – 2019 World Travel Awards
- Best Waterpark in the Middle East – 2019 TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- 2ndBest Waterpark in the World – 2019 TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- Winner of the TUI Top Quality Award – 2019 TUI Top Quality Awards
More than 1,400 of the 1,548 guestrooms and suites in the Royal Towers boast inter-connecting doors, providing ideal accommodation options for families. What’s more, Atlantis has underlined its commitment to ensuring guests receive the best night’s sleep for the whole family by offering exclusive King Coil roll-away beds with high quality mattresses. Atlantis also offers two specially created ‘family’ room types:
- Deluxe Family Room
- Offering magnificent partial views of the Arabian Sea or The Palm, the Deluxe Family Room category consists of one double queen room and one adjoining king room that can accommodate up to six guests. This category of room also includes daily complimentary access to the Atlantis Kids Club for younger guests.
- Family room stays start from AED 800++ per night including complimentary all-day access to Aquaventure Waterpark and The Lost Chambers Aquarium for each night’s stay, and one complimentary Atlantis Kids Club session per stay.For more information or to book visit www.atlantis.com/dubai
- Two Bed Family Suite
- With a luxurious Two Bedroom Family Suite that can accommodate up to six guests, the whole family can experience the magic and wonder of Atlantis The Palm, Dubai without compromising on space and comfort.
- Suite stays start from AED 1,197AED++ per night including luxury transfers, private check-in, complimentary morning refreshments, afternoon tea and evening cocktails in the Imperial Club Lounge, private beach access and complimentary kid’s club.For more information or to book visit www.atlantis.com/dubai
The following items can be requested in advance of a stay through our reservations team: a baby bath set, a baby bathtub, changing table, changing mats, nappy bin, diapers, strollers, food warmer and steriliser. After arrival, guests can also request an array of services and items with a quick call to the concierge desk. If available, the below will be happily brought up to the room by a member of our team:
- For infants, we offer complimentary full/low fat milk at your desired temperature
- Vegetable/fruit purée is available on a chargeable basis for infants
- A kid’s menu is available to order through Room Service and is charged as per the à la carte prices
- Roll out beds are available on request and subject to availability. These start from AED 336 per night. Guests are advised to make this request at the time of booking
- Cots are available on request and subject to availability. Guests are advised to make this request at the time of booking
- DVD players and PlayStations can be ordered through concierge at an additional charge
The resort’s 31 dining venues include a number that cater to the tastes of all children, with special allergy-conscious and child-friendly menus being offered throughout. A few of the highlights include:
- Gordon Ramsay’s family brunch at Bread Street Kitchen (every Friday, 12:30pm-4:00pm)
- Guests can enjoy delicious sharing starters, a British roast, or fresh catch of the day, plus sharing signature desserts. The Bread Street Kitchen team will keep your little ones busy with an array of different cooking sessions, as well as a free visit to The Lost Chambers Aquarium after their meal.
- Saffron and Kaleidoscope
- Families can also enjoy the wide variety of cuisine available at the resort’s two interactive buffets. Saffron is a theatrical buffet with close to 20 live cooking stations, allowing guests to be part of the action. Kaleidoscope is a warm, inviting restaurant focusing on Mediterranean cuisine complemented by specialities out of Northern Africa and India. At both outlets kids are presented with a diverse selection of classic favourites including spaghetti and meatballs, hamburgers and hotdogs, as well as healthier options such as salads, fresh fruits and vegetables.
- The newest addition to Atlantis’ stellar line-up of food and beverage greats is the unmissable, all-in-one destination Wavehouse. Dubai’s ultimate entertainment destination for adults and families alike, the first-of-its-kind concept is a collection of spaces which seamlessly morph into each other, from a dedicated restaurant, adult-only bar and beach-themed terrace through to an arcade area, soft play zone, augmented reality experience and licensed bowling alley. The restaurant’s menu is full of creative twists on much-loved favourites, such as deep-fried Babybel cheese and rainbow sliders, while the trendy bar serves up innovative cocktails and beverages. Meanwhile, the tropical terrace is the perfect place to unwind and watch daredevils take on the Surf’s Up wave rider below.
- Kids Eat Free at Seafire (Daily, 5:00pm-7:00pm)
- Seafire opens its doors early for you and your little ones to enjoy some quality family time over a slap-up dinner. Kids under 11 years can enjoy a delicious dinner for free from the Kids Menu.
- Atlantis Kids Club
- Atlantis Kids Club offers children aged 3 to 12 a daily supervised activity programme with the focus on adventure, fun and exploration through group play. Children are encouraged to unlock the door to their imaginations and become a pirate, an animator or even a mad scientist as they immerse themselves into the edutainment of the Kids Club. Kids can experience the command centre with the latest video games, tackle two climbing walls, watch a movie underwater, or create an arts and crafts masterpiece. With morning, afternoon and evening sessions, every day is an adventure with the Atlantis Kids Club team.
- Atlantis Kid’s Club is open 10:30am-8:30pm daily. For children ages 3-12. Hotel guests receive one complimentary visit during their stay. Suite and Imperial Club guests receive unlimited complimentary visits during their stay. Entry starts from AED 110. For more information or to book visit www.atlantis.com/dubai/experiences/families/kids-and-teens
- Little Pirates Playground
- For free play The Little Pirates Playground, located next to the Zero Entry Pool, is a setting built for adventure, with ropes for swashbuckling pirates and tunnels for captains to navigate through.
- Little Pirates Playground is open 24 hours a day. For children ages 3-12. Complimentary for hotel guests.
- Mini Atlantis Playground
- Located next to the terraces of Bread Street Kitchen & Bar and Ronda Locatelli, the Mini Atlantis Playground opened in April 2018, providing a children’s play area full of slides and climbing frames to explore.
- Mini Atlantis Playground is open 24 hours a day. For children ages 3-12. Complimentary for hotel guests.
- Nanny Services
- The Atlantis Babysitting Services team provides hotel guests professional in-room childcare with endless entertainment and supervision ensuring a memorable experience for kids and some time-out for parents. All Nannies are qualified in Paediatric First Aid and CPR.
- Nanny services operate 24 hours a day. For children of all ages. Prices start from AED 90 per hour. For more information or to book visit www.atlantis.com/dubai/experiences/families/kids-and-teens.
- The Zone Club for Teens
- Calling all teens aged 13 to 17! The Zone is the ultimate teen-only hangout and the perfect spot to chill, play, dance, sing, read and make new friends from around the world. Open for day and night sessions, young adults can enjoy the freedom to be themselves in an uber-cool space.
- The Zone is open 10:30am-11:00pm daily. For teens aged 13-17. Suite and Imperial Club guests receive unlimited complimentary visits during their stay. Entry starts from AED 110. For more information or to book visit www.atlantis.com/dubai/experiences/families/kids-and-teens
POOLS AND BEACH
- The Zero Entry Pool (Open from 8:30am - sunset daily)
- This family-friendly pool is an inviting environment for guests to unwind with a variety of activities for families. With its kid-friendly design and nearby dining options, this is the perfect place to spend a lazy day.
- The Royal Beach (Open from 8:30am - sunset daily)
- One of the most unique beachfronts in Dubai, The Royal Beach provides the perfect venue for a range of shoreline activities. Visit the towel hut near the Zero Entry Pool to see the schedule of events.
Widely acknowledged as the best waterpark in Dubai and among the best in the world, Aquaventure Waterpark is a magnificent waterscape at Atlantis, The Palm, set amongst 17 hectares (42 acres) of lush greenery. With unlimited complimentary access offered to all guests of Atlantis, Aquaventure contains 18 million litres of fresh water used to power more than 30 thrilling rides and attractions, including the longest river in the Middle East at 2.3 kilometres, which takes an impressive 45 minutes to float around.
Aquaventure Waterpark is open from 10:00am-sunset daily. Day entry starts from AED 235 Children 0-2 years of age are free. Hotel guests receive complimentary daily access during their stay. For more information or to book tickets visit www.atlantis.com/dubai/atlantis-aquaventure/aquaventure-waterpark.
- Splashers Mountain
- Splashers is a fun-filled playground featuring elaborate water games, slides and structures providing a world of thrills and lots of water spills for children less than 1.2 metres – and their parents
- Two enormous tipping buckets spin on their axis and release 1,400 litres of water at various intervals, soaking those brave enough to stand below
- Children delight in the interactive climbing frames or challenge one another across one of the five rope bridges that interconnect with ten water slides, while comrades use water jets and cannons on family and friends
- Splashers Island
- Located next to Splashers Mountain, and at almost three times the size, Splashers Island launched in April 2018
- Suitable for families with children 1.2m and below, the area features 20 thrilling water attractions, as well as the addition of a giant dry-play structure in the shape of a Dhow shipwreck
Featuring fun-soaked experiences for the whole family to enjoy, highlights of ‘Splashers Island’ include seven brand-new body and tube slides, as well as the first KIDZ Tornado and KIDZ Bowl in the MEA region, which are exact replicas of the popular Aquaventure adult slides – but for kids!
THE LOST CHAMBERS AQUARIUM
Guests discover the mazes of underground tunnels and passageways of The Lost Chambers, bringing them into close contact with the myth and the advanced inventions of the ancient Atlanteans. Along the way, guests can touch tanks filled with starfish and pencil urchins, both found in local Arabian waters, and horseshoe crabs, the spiders of the sea, allow them to touch, feel and interact with sea life. Special exhibits are dedicated to different sea creatures, such as the delicate moon jellyfish, lively lobster and glittery anchovies – each fascinating to watch and with a story to tell.
The Lost Chambers Aquarium is open from 10:00am-10:00pm daily. Day entry starts from AED 65. Children 0-2 years of age are free. Hotel guests receive complimentary daily access during their stay. For more information or to book tickets visit www.atlantis.com/dubai/atlantis-aquaventure/lost-chambers-aquarium.
- Fish Tales Tour
- Guests are invited back of house to see what it takes to care for more than 65,000 marine animals in Atlantis with this fascinating and informative behind the scene tours. Following the water’s path to our filtration systems, the tour reveals the 5.9km of pipe work used to filter the lagoon (which is longer that the length of the Palm itself) as well as showcasing the jobs of the 45 people who work around the clock to ensure the water is successfully filtered. Guests are then welcomed to the Atlantis fish hospital and nursery, where interactions with new-born jellyfish, seahorses, clownfish, sharks and rays happen daily. The tour culminates with a visit to the fish kitchen where the team prepare more than 400 kilos of food per day, followed by a fish feeding.
- Fish Tales Tour runs from 10:00am-5:00pm daily. From AED 45. Children 0-2 years of age are free. For more information or to book tickets visit www.atlantis.com/dubai/atlantis-aquaventure/lost-chambers-aquarium.
- Mini Marine Biologist
- Take a journey on a fun-filled adventure and learn all about marine life with amazing facts that will change the way you see the world.Mini Marine Biologists will experience first-hand what it takes to be part of our specialist Aquarist team as they join them in the shallow water to get an up-close look at starfish, sea cucumbers and baby sharks.
- Mini Marine Biologists is for ages 3-6 and runs from 10:30am-11:30am daily. From AED 175 for resort guests, AED 275 for non-resort guests (includes free same-day access to Aquaventure Waterpark). For more information or to book tickets visit www.atlantis.com/dubai/atlantis-aquaventure/lost-chambers-aquarium.
- Dolphins & Sea Lions Behind the Scenes Tour
- Embark on an educational journey with our marine experts and learn how we care for and enrich all of our marine life at Atlantis, The Palm. Visit our medical laboratory where expert veterinarians and technicians provide the highest level of animal care. Now is your chance to be inquisitive! Our trainers can answer everything you ever wanted to know about dolphins and sea lions – and the specialist care we provide for them.
- The Behind the Scenes tour is for all ages from 5:00pm-5:45pm daily. From AED 145 for resort guests, AED 350 for non-resort guests (includes free same-day access to Aquaventure Waterpark). For more information or to book tickets visit www.atlantis.com/dubai/atlantis-aquaventure/lost-chambers-aquarium.
THE AMBASSSADOR LAGOON
The Ambassador Lagoon is an 11 million litre, 10-metre-deep, marine habitat and underwater exhibit home to several hundred species of marine life, with a viewing panel looking directly into the mystical ruins of Atlantis. This habitat focuses on marine life found in the local waters of the Arabian Gulf, including golden trevally, cobias, crescent angelfish and a variety of sharks and rays. Here, guests can watch the sea life peacefully while learning about fish species and ocean preservation.
The Ambassador Lagoon is open 24 hours a day. Entry starts from AED 50. Children 0-2 years of age are free. Hotel guests receive complimentary daily access during their stay. For more information or to book tickets visit https://www.atlantis.com/dubai/atlantis-aquaventure/diving-in-atlantis
- Aqua Trek
- The latest state-of-the-art water thrill will see intrepid explorers descend a ladder three metres to a ledge in The Ambassador Lagoon whilst wearing an Aquatrekhelmet. This helmet receives a continuous supply of air (three times more than what you normally breathe), so that the entire head remains dry, including hair, glasses or prescription contacts. Once you have reached the ledge, you will embark on a guided underwater walking tour of one of the biggest open-air aquariums in the world, coming face-to-face with some 65,000 marine animals including sharks, stingrays, and schools of multi-coloured fish.
- Aqua Trek runs from 2:00pm-4:00pm daily. From AED 395 per person. Ages 8+. For more information or to book tickets visit www.atlantis.com/dubai/atlantis-aquaventure/lost-chambers-aquarium.
- Ultimate Snorkel
- Guests can gaze upon the ancient ruins of Atlantis as they snorkel through the awe-inspiring Ambassador Lagoon. The Ultimate Snorkel is a spectacular family activity allowing guests to swim with 65,000 marine animals, including sharks, fish and many species of rays. Experienced marine experts guide guests on a journey through The Ambassador Lagoon, an 11 million litre, 10-metre-deep, marine habitat and underwater exhibit.
- Ultimate Snorkel runs from 11:00am to 12:30pm daily. From AED 280 per person. Ages 6+. For more information or to book tickets visit www.atlantis.com/dubai/atlantis-aquaventure/lost-chambers-aquarium.
The 4.5 hectare Dolphin Bay is a state-of-the-art dolphin education and conservation centre and interaction habitat, created to bring enlightenment and education to visitors about one of the ocean’s most fascinating and loved inhabitants. Atlantis guests and visitors have the opportunity to meet and interact with one of the world’s most charismatic animals in an unparalleled encounter programme that is enriching for both the guests and the dolphins.
Dolphin Bay is open from 10:00am-sunset daily. Experiences start from AED 600 per person. Ticket price includes entry to Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark. Guests under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a participating adult (18 years and older), with one adult per three children per interaction. For more information or to book tickets visit www.atlantis.com/dubai/atlantis-aquaventure/dolphin-bay.
- Dolphin Encounter (Shallow Water Interaction)
- Guests can enjoy a variety of unforgettable educational experiences enjoying playful interactions with the dolphin. Each Dolphin Encounter has a maximum of 10 guests per pod including two Marine Mammal Specialists and one dolphin.
- Dolphin Encounterruns from 10:00am daily. From AED 600 per person. All ages.Ticket price includes entry to Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark.For more information or to book tickets visit www.atlantis.com/dubai/atlantis-aquaventure/dolphin-bay
- Dolphin Meet & Greet
- The ‘Meet & Greet’ experience is perfect for guests looking to meet a dolphin without having to enter the water/lagoon, and without having to change into any swimwear. Meet and greet one of our fascinating resident Indo-pacific dolphins. Learn fun and interesting facts about their anatomy directly from our marine mammal specialists. Watch as they get some daily exercise whilst demonstrating some impressive high energy behaviours and strike a pose for a complimentary souvenir photo.
- Dolphin Meet and Greets start from AED 645, daily at 10am and 4pm. For more information or to book tickets visit www.atlantis.com/dubai/atlantis-aquaventure/dolphin-bay
SEA LION POINT
Sea Lion Point allows guests the opportunity to meet and interact with one of the world’s most charming marine mammals in an unparalleled encounter. Both a resort and day visitor attraction, Atlantis, The Palm introduces Sea Lion Point with the goal of enlightening visitors about the wonders of these remarkable ocean inhabitants.
Sea Lion Point is open from 10:00am to sunset daily. Experiences start from AED 425 per person. Ticket price includes entry to Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark. Guests under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a participating adult (18 years and older), with one adult per three children per interaction. For more information or to book tickets visit www.atlantis.com/dubai/atlantis-aquaventure/sea-lion-point.
- Sea Lion Meet & Greet
- The ‘Meet & Greet’ experience is perfect for guests looking to meet a sea lion without having to enter the water/lagoon, and without having to change into any swimwear. Meet and greet one of our fascinating resident South African fur seals. Learn fun and interesting facts about their anatomy directly from our marine mammal specialists. Watch as they get some daily exercise whilst demonstrating some impressive high energy behaviours and strike a pose for a complimentary souvenir photo.
- Sea Lion Meet and Greets start from AED 545, daily at 10am and 2pm. For more information or to book tickets visit www.atlantis.com/dubai/atlantis-aquaventure/dolphin-bay
About Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai
Atlantis, The Palm is the first entertainment resort destination in the region and located at the centre of the crescent of The Palm in Dubai. Opened in September 2008, the unique ocean-themed resort features a variety of marine and entertainment attractions, as well as 17 hectares of waterpark amusement at Atlantis Aquaventure, all within a 46-hectare site. It is home to one of the largest open-air marine habitats in the world, with over 65,000 marine animals in lagoons and displays including The Lost Chambers Aquarium, a maze of underwater corridors and passageways providing a journey through ancient Atlantis. Atlantis Aquaventure waterpark features 18 million litres of fresh water used to power thrilling waterslides, a 2.3-kilometre river ride with tidal waves and pools, water rapids and white-water chargers. Dolphin Bay, the unparalleled dolphin conservation and education habitat, and Sea Lion Point were created to provide guests a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn more about one of nature’s most friendly mammals. The resort boasts an impressive collection of luxury boutiques and shops as well as extensive meeting and convention facilities. Atlantis, The Palm is also known as the culinary destination in the region where guests can take their pick from a collection of 31 world-renowned restaurants including Bread Street Kitchen & Bar, Hakkasan, Nobu, Ronda Locatelli, Seafire Steakhouse & Bar, award-winning underwater restaurant, Ossiano. The nightlife scene at Atlantis is lively, too, with the fun-filled Wavehouse offering something for everyone, and WHITE Beach & Restaurant the perfect place to unwind with a drink as the sun slips into the Arabian Sea.